Applications may be filed anytime after the first of September.
Candidates whose applications are filed by the December exam and whose files are complete (all supporting documents received at Marmion) by December 31 can expect a decision by January 31.
Candidates who apply after the first exam are welcome to apply for admission, but will be evaluated and admitted on a space-available basis. Candidates whose files are incomplete as of December 31 will still be considered as active applicants, but will also be admitted on a space-available basis.
To apply to Marmion, the following are required:
- Completed application with $50 fee.
- Candidate essay questions completed by applicant.
- School recommendation with most recent grades and standardized test scores completed by principal, teacher or guidance counselor. (Three recommendations required for transfer applicants).
- Entrance exam completed. (Incoming Freshman only)
- Personal appointment/interview with Director of Admissions. (Transfer applicants only)
- October 1 – April 30: Schedule a shadow visit
- November 4, 2012 from 1-3 PM: Open House at Marmion
- December 1, 2012: Scholarship Qualifying Entrance Exam
- December 31: Deadline for receipt of current school grade reports, standardized test scores, and teacher evaluations for the January 31 notification date.
- January 12, 2013: Make up date for Entrance Examination (not eligible for academic scholarships).
- January 31: Regular notification date. Candidates who applied after the first exam or whose files are incomplete as of December 31 are evaluated on a space-available basis and are notified when their files are complete.
Accepted students will have two weeks from the date of their acceptance letter in which to make a deposit to secure a place in the incoming class.
Apply to Marmion Online or file a paper application by downloading all three of the following forms Admission Application ,School Recommendation , Candidate Essay .Applications must be accompanied by a $50 registration fee, payable to Marmion Academy.
For more information, contact Stephanie Patricoski in the Admissions Office (630) 897.6936 ext. 264.