The goal of the MARMION FUND Class Adjutant program is to significantly increase alumni participation. While the MARMION FUND raising program has had many successful years, highlighted by the recent success of the Campaign for Marmion Abbey and Academy, alumni participation – the number of annual alumni donors – has been disappointing. It is just over one half of the rate for independent schools – 13.2 % versus 17 %.
The goal is increasing the number of annual donors. A high level of alumni participation can drive the entire development program. When others – parents, friends and Trustees – see the level of alumni participation increasing they are encouraged to do more. As a Class Adjutant you will be a critical part of the MARMION FUND and, indeed, Marmion’s entire fund raising effort.
DUTIES OF A CLASS ADJUTANT
As a Class Adjutant you will be asked initially serve a three-year term. You will have four important duties, and the opportunity to do more if time permits.
(1) Lead by example through an annual gift to the MARMION FUND
(2) Review and revise a Marmion Fund letter provided by Marmion for the April mailing.
(3) Provide your signature for us to scan and place in the letter you approved. We will personalize and mail your letter from the development office to your assigned class members on the spring national mailing date. You will be responsible for no more than 50 class members for the April mailing.
(4) Personally solicit 3-5 classmates assigned by the Marmion development staff.
Opportunities to do more as a Class Adjutant include:
• Revise and/or write your own personal letter
• Provide a Post Script for scanning
• Make additional personal calls or visits to classmates.
To obtain more information about becoming a class adjutant please click here.